Tower Marine Boat Sales is passionate about boating. Whether you are a sailor or a power boater, a buyer or a seller, we have the knowledge and experience to produce the results you are looking for. We are not just in the business of selling boats, but rather building lasting mutually beneficial relationships, both with our customers and other industry professionals.
- Tower Marine Boat Sales enjoys the synergy of operating out of two full-service marinas. Having our own slips and storage, along with priority service scheduling, gives us the ability make deals happen and get them closed. We don’t have to rely on third-parties to find your buyer a slip, or storage – or get something repaired quickly so we can close on time. This is something that we are indeed fortunate to have – and offer to you.
- Tower Marine Boat Sales’ staff is exposed to the boating industry all day, every day. There are tens of thousands of boat builders and hundreds of thousands of boat models; no one can know it all. But we can at least acquire enough knowledge in certain segments to be able to address the many needs of our clients.
- Tower Marine Boat Sales will offer you a network of contacts by making use of: broker-to-broker relationships established over our years of experience; yacht multiple listing systems (MLS); and the best electronic media, some of which is only available to members of the boating industry.
- Tower Marine Boat Sales will help you establish the fair market value of your boat to help you determine a fair asking price or a realistic offer price. We will know of comparable boats and how your specific boat fits in the marketplace. If you are a seller working on your own, improper pricing means fewer qualified buyers will be attracted to your boat and it will likely sit on the market piling up expenses without selling. A realistic price is one of the keys to successfully selling a boat. Anyone can look up asking prices on boats in the marketplace, but we can accurately assess all the factors that determine the value of a specific boat (e.g. condition, outfitting, location) and have access to actual selling prices.
- Tower Marine Boat Sales will prepare a complete and accurate listing of the specifications of your boat that will be used to develop the print advertising, electronic advertising, and entry into the multiple listing services (MLS). In a matter of hours, a full description and photographs of your boat can be made available to brokers and buyers around the world, or right next door, with a central contact person—us—available to answer questions, qualify buyers, and arrange showings. We will help you prepare your boat for sale by evaluating its current condition, advising how to put it in “show” condition, and recommending services specializing in whatever type of work may be required.
- Tower Marine Boat Sales will outline an advertising and promotion strategy for your boat.
We will respond to inquiries and arrange for showings, always with one of our brokers present. A seller working on his own can be swamped with unqualified inquiries, no-show appointments, people “just looking,” and maybe, somewhere in that flood, a few people actually ready and willing to buy your boat. A Tower Marine Boat Sales broker takes care of this for you, ultimately finding the buyer for your boat.
- Tower Marine Boat Sales will facilitate negotiation. We will provide you with one of the best negotiating tools you will ever have – the person who can say, “I’ll have to discuss this with my client and get back to you.” The element of time and insulation from immediate answers is one of the biggest leverage factors that both parties bring into any negotiation. Further, we can often help to structure a deal in creative ways to reach an agreement that might not have otherwise been possible. We will keep small obstacles from becoming insurmountable problems.
Once an offer is accepted, Tower Marine Boat Sales can ease the process of finalizing a transaction. This will include:
- Making sure all aspects of a deal are properly conducted in a timely manner pursuant to the contract.
- Helping the buyer obtain financing with the best possible rates and terms.
- Providing the buyer with a list of recommended marine surveyors to represent him in determining the condition of the boat.
- Orchestrating the haul-out or launch and sea trial.
- Providing the buyer and seller with knowledge to properly address the nearly inevitable yacht survey issues. The buyer will have the severity of any identified problems put in context and the names of people who may estimate costs and perform necessary repairs. The seller will get advice on how to adjust the transaction, if necessary, after survey, as well as advice about who to contact to confirm repair estimates.
You will find that when you work with us, you will build a lasting relationship and partnership. We will be available to answer questions and provide assistance even after the transaction is completed. We value your loyalty, anticipate referrals and future business, and find fulfillment in having helped you fulfill your boating needs.